Friday, February 26, 2010

An ending, and a beginning

Publish America accepted my submission "Fertile Earth" this week, so I'm starting the publishing process again. It's been a great experience so far and I'm glad I was able to see this series to the end. All the questions people have raised from "Planet Gemini" will hopefully be answered in this new book. My editor said it was a smooth read, and a nice conclusion, so let's hope that opinion isn't a fluke.

Meanwhile, I've just completed the prologue for a new novel called "Skein of the Sky Woman". I've touched on this previously, and I won't give away too much here, but as a bit of background, I have spent the past year off and on researching Iroquoian folklore and mythology. Also, I'm using some of my background in writing about law enforcement to create the main character, a cop with a predisposition toward profiling. She finds herself questioning her own ideology, and that of the world around her, when an ancient Native American spirit places her in the middle of a nature-versus-nurture experiment where souls are switched.

There you have it. As my fellow author and music aficionado Greg Doyle often says, "See you on the flip side..."

1 comment: